Friday 11 January 2013

Quick dip before work

Having a rare bird literally within a stone's throw of where you work certainly does have its advantages as you can pick and choose when you want to go and have a look at it, preferably without too many other people around.  Although not the brightest of mornings, as I was up and ready a bit earlier than most work days, I had a look at the local Black-bellied Dipper this morning and it showed really well, but the stream it is now favouring is very shaded and even with the ISO cranked right up to 1600, I could only manage 1/40 of a second shutter speeds.  One of these days I will photograph it in half decent light, but until then I'll have to make do with dull and overcast.




Again, as it was so confiding and quite stationary, it seemed a shame not to take a quick video too....


No comments:

Post a Comment